Make a secure on-line donation
SEND CHEQUE DONATIONS TO
Vajra Vidya Foundation
PO Box 46898 STN.D.Vancouver, BC.Canada V6J 5M4 ORHyperwallet
bank transfers for only $1
contact us for our account information
Public Foundation #888437621 RR 0001Any funds over $10 sent to our address or via Hyperwallet will get tax receipts within a few weeks of deposit.
CanadaHelps issues tax receipts directly online.
VVF is a registered Canadian charitable foundation that relies on donations from people like you to operate.
Our small but dedicated team ensures even the smallest contributions go a long way to provide education and health to Himalayan people.
Administration costs of the Canadian foundation are kept below 4%, but there is still a great need for funds for newsletter mailing, website management, office supplies, and accounting.
PLEASE consider supporting the Foundation so we can keep operating.
There are NO paid staff.
General Donations to the Annual Fund
Sponsorship only covers part of the cost of providing the many programs developed by Thrangu Rinpoche.
- We greatly depend on donations that are not directed to any particular student, monk, or nun but for the fund in general. These donations will be appropriated according to the need.
- Sometimes a sponsor forgets or can no longer pay so we need to be able to cover the costs. (We cannot just drop a student out of the school or monasteries once they have begun!)
- General funds may also provide new uniforms, socks and shoes, school supplies, a bed or towels. If sent for the nuns or monks, it may provide more texts or socks and sweaters. Basically, we need to be able to provide whatever is necessary.
Donations for Specific Projects
Donations may be made on an occasional or regular basis to any of Thrangu Rinpoche's projects. Funds are accrued separately for all projects and dispersed accordingly. Donations can be given and ear-marked specifically to support any of the various activities.
Special event or person to
Benefit Himalayan children at the same time!!
- Choose an item from below
- Donate online at CanadaHelps.
- We will send a card to the recipient on your behalf (Make sure to include their address)
Broccoli $35 Eggs for 200 $35
7 Fruit Trees $35 Cooking Class $50
Rinpoche is eager to improve the diet of his students.
Small Carpets For Bedrooms $15 each
Keep kids' feet warm in their rooms. The school is unheated. Temperatures go to 0 C at night.
Running Shoes $40 for 2 pairs
Many SMD kids play sports in bare feet, risking injury and hookworm infections.
Sanitation Fund $300 per year
Cleaning equipment and supplies will teach the boys at SMD Branch School about sanitation.
New Robes $35 per monk or nun
A set of new robes, underwear, socks and shoes
Picnic and Pilgrimage Fund $350 per trip
SMD is a walled school compound and children rarely get out.
A field trip includes bus rental and food.
Concert Fund $250 per concert
To preserve the culture of Himalayan peoples, the kids learn traditional songs and dances of Nepal and Tibet. Performances for the local community reinforce Himalayan culture, and everybody has fun. In December, 2010, a thousand people came!
Small Purchases $35
*Small stuffed toys
*Warm underwear (vests)
Going to Nepal?
children, monks and nuns are grateful for gifts of vitamins, books,
DVDs, clothes, shoes, vegetable seeds, games, toys, and art supplies.
You could be a YAK and carry items to Nepal!
Gifts of items going to Nepal are not eligible for a tax receipt unless pre-approved by our treasurer.
Please contact us for further information. email
Thank you for your generosity!!!
What can I bring for the schools?
• Multivitamins, vitamin C, iron and calcium tablets.
• Wart medicine
• Art supplies
• Warm socks and thermal vests
• Small stuffed toys, board games, Lego, Meccano, matchbox toys etc.
• Books for our libraries (SMD & SMD Branch School)
• Sports equipment: skipping ropes & balls
• Learning games and software
• Board games
• Hair clips and scrunchies
Namo Buddha Monastery ideas for monks:
With the SMD Branch School for monks, the shedra, ngondro and other retreats, Yarne, Namo Buddha Clinic, and visiting lay students, the cooks are feeding around 400 people per meal.
Below is an example of approximate food costs. You may find the amounts surprisingly high, but food prices are severe in poor countries and in Nepal food inflation is reported to be 25%.
Dhal for one year $1,700 Brown Rice for a year $1,300
Yogurt 3 times a week/year $2,500
One egg a week/month $ 120 Fruit: per person
Most vegetables are less expensive than fruit.
You can help improve the diet and health of the monks, nuns and SMD kids.
Give the gift of a meal, or any element of a meal for a day, week, month or year in the name of a loved one.
CanadaHelps is a registered charity and public foundation on a mission
to make giving simple.
Through CanadaHelps.org, anyone can donate to any
registered Canadian charity online.
All information, including personal and financial information are
securely protected behind multiple security measures
from the time to
donor begins a donation through to leaving CanadaHelps site.
Copyright © 2013 Vajra Vidya Foundation, All rights reserved.